Thursday, May 24, 2018

Happy Sixth Birthday, Political Chicken!

Happy Sixth birthday, Political Chicken!  Yep, the little blog that could is turning six years old!  Looking back, I think I may have missed writing a fifth birthday blog, so look for this blog to be twice the birthday fun!

Honestly, I haven't been super active on the blog for the last year, but what I have been doing is  physically being active on the local political scene.  To me, that's the most important part, physically doing something instead of sitting behind a keyboard talking about doing something; sometimes termed a 'keyboard warrior', something that I'm not.

Last year found me busy as the Vice Chair on the Local Government Committee, which has been one of my favorite roles within the local party structure.  I think I'm a great fit for that position since I've made it my business to write about almost nothing besides local elections, local taxing authorities and the like.  I have a wealth of information that I've put together right here at The Political Chicken Blog.  Don't just take my word for it, take a look for yourself!


Working on this campaign as we speak, but again, physically doing something AND simultaneously writing about doing it, is the race for District K on Houston City Council.  The late Larry Green left a position to be filled and two Republican party precinct chairs are running to fill that seat along with seven Democrats.  If we turn out just the right amount of Republican voters, we could make into the runoff.

Normally on all of my birthday blogs, I share with you the top performing posts, the ones that have the most page views.  Not this time, though.  I'd like to mix it up a bit and share with you some of the posts that never got published here on The Political Chicken until now.  I'll be opening the vault, much like Disney when they reproduce some of the classics.  I hope you enjoy.

This one coming straight to you out of the vault is called "They Didn't Let Us in at First Either" which discusses the struggle that the tea party faced to be accepted into the rank and file GOP.

I also wrote another article shortly after Britain exited from the EU entitled, Does A Brexit Equal a Texit? in which I discuss the plausibility of Texas seceding from the United States and becoming it's own nation. 

Just to mix it up even further, I'll include one of my own personal favorites because it discusses something that I do every day: home school.  The title is We Will Not Conform: Portrait of a Home School Family..

That concludes another trip around the sun for yours truly, The Political Chicken!  And as always, stay tuned to The Political Chicken!  You won't want to miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment